Thursday, July 21, 2005
I promised to blog today, so here am I! Firstly I am pleased to announce that my Chinese newspaper article cuttings that I have been doing for two days are officially handed in today! Congratulations to me! I'll like to thank my mother for helping me bring food and water to me last night. Without her, I would either starve or thirst to death. When I am seriously committed to finishing something, I would neglect food and water so much that my mother has to bring to right in front of me and force me to eat. Even then, I did not finish my mother's "specially saved for me from the growling stomachs of my father and sister" food. The second and third person I want to thank are my two translators, Dale and Li Ni. Without them, I would be bald and raw from tearing my hair and skin off. Dale helped me in the first half while Li Ni, the second half. Well, Dale even went to the extent of helping me write them out for me, I'm touched. And even though I'm not close to Li Ni, she still helped me. I'm eternally grateful to these two. Thank you Dale and Li Ni! I doubt Li Ni would be reading this but anyhow, thank you thank you thank you! And I'll like to thank the others too for supporting me to accomplish this horrible shit. Yes, I feel another sense of accomplishment.
Felixia and I have a lot in common. I went out with her to Heartland Mall today and after many conversations, I found out that we are about the same. We have the same birthday. We are both slow eaters. We are slow thinkers. We are slow to catch jokes. We bathe for about half an hour. I guess year end children are all slow. We laugh at each other for being slow. Anyway, we went to KFC but while we were heading there, there was this girl who was giving out the meal vouchers so we grabbed one. When we were there, we walked to the cashier and stood in the middle with our voucher wide open. Initially, we noticed the girl at the cashier was staring at us but we didn't bother. After we both decided on fillet burger, we told the girl we wanted the fillet burger meal on the voucher. Then the girl told us coldly that that was the BK voucher. It's really humiliating I tell you. Both of us felt so stupid. EMBARRASSING. And while we were eating, we saw this group of Primary school kids with their teacher with them sitting beside us. There was this enthu guy who jumped up and announced to everyone that he was going to buy bubble tea and ran off. Then after a while he came back and said he didn't know where it was. -_-" And behind us was the KFC ice-cream stall tended by a staff auntie. Felixia saw her eating the chocolate from the stall while waiting for customers. Ha, I would love to work there in the future. We gossip about people. I know it's wrong but it's a talent most people are born with. Oh yes and we saw this very cool 50+ year old auntie wearing a Roxy shirt. Auntie so cool! So happening ar today. But the highlight is still THAT BK VOUCHER! I left it at the KFC place.
It's all about us